I have been a math tutor in the Dallas, Texas, area since 1993 and have tutored hundreds of students.
I thrive to make math as simple as possible and take away some of the math anxiety that may exist with students.
My philosophy in teaching math is:
- Learning math should be an active experience and should relate to the world.
- Learning math requires an understanding of what to "memorize" (for example, the tools), and what to "understand".
- Learning more advanced math is no more than building on what is already known: if you can add 2 + 2, and build with math tools, you can be taught to solve a complicated Calculus problem.
- Math = Rules + Examples + Practice, Practice, Practice!!!
I am conveniently located in Plano, Texas, near the Dallas North Tollway and Bush Freeway (close to Shepton High School).
- Education: B.A. Cum Laude, Rice University, Mathematical Sciences; M.S., Stanford University, Operations Research
- Career background: over 26 years in technical positions at telecom companies, Associate Math Professor at local college
Fall 2016 NEWS
Accepting students (8th grade Honors Algebra 1 and higher) for 2016-2017 school year.
great math DVDs.
When you order
them, please indicate you heard about them from this web site ;)