I have been a math tutor in the Dallas, Texas, area since 1993 and have tutored hundreds of students.
I thrive to make math as simple as possible and take away some of the math anxiety that may exist with students.
My philosophy in teaching math is:
- Learning math should be an active experience and should relate to the world.
- Learning math requires an understanding of what to "memorize" (for example, the tools), and what to "understand".
- Learning more advanced math is no more than building on what is already known: if you can add 2 + 2, and build with math tools, you can be taught to solve a complicated Calculus problem.
- Math = Rules + Examples + Practice, Practice, Practice!!!
I am conveniently located in Plano, Texas, near the Dallas North Tollway and Bush Freeway (close to Shepton High School).
- Education: B.A. Cum Laude, Rice University, Mathematical Sciences; M.S., Stanford University, Operations Research
- Career background: over 26 years in technical positions at telecom companies, Associate Math Professor at local college
Fall 2013 NEWS
Currently, no openings
great math DVDs.
When you order
them, please indicate you heard about them from this web site ;)